How do you prepare your face for shaving?
To prepare for a shave, wet your skin and hair to help soften them. Cleanse your skin and use a facial scrub to help exfoliate and soften your beard. After a shower is a great time to shave as your skin will be freshly cleansed and damp.
How do you get a closer shave?
Instead of using a dry razor, a wet shave will help you get a closer shave. When your facial hair is wet, it absorbs water into the hair shaft. The more water absorbed into a hair shaft, the softer the hair becomes and the easier it is to get a closer shave. Cleansing and exfoliating before shaving also help prepare your skin for a smooth and effective shave.
What is the best way to shave your face?
- Prepare skin: Cleanse and exfoliate with a men’s face wash or scrub to help remove excess dirt and oil, and soften facial hair.
- Smooth on shave cream: Apply your shave cream using an upward circular motion and leave it on for 2-3 minutes to help soften hairs.
- Go with the grain: Shave with light, gentle strokes in the direction of hair growth. If you still have stubble, carefully go against the grain for a closer shave.
- Rinse frequently: Rinse your razor blade frequently while shaving to help prevent buildup.
- Soothe your skin: After shaving, rinse with cool water and let your skin dry before applying an after shave or other formula to soothe skin and help prevent irritation.
What are the benefits of a brush-on shaving cream?
Using a brush to apply your shave cream helps lift the hairs to prepare skin for a comfortable shave. A brush also helps facial hair become more evenly coated with your shave cream. Look for a classic brush-on shave cream to help prep skin for a close shave.
What is the best type of shave cream for sensitive skin?
If you have sensitive skin, look for an alcohol-free shave cream to help prevent dryness and irritation. An unscented shave cream for sensitive skin can also help ensure a comfortable shave. After shaving, use an after shave and follow with other skincare products for sensitive skin.
What types of shave cream are best for precision shaving?
If you are a creative shaver, look for a lightweight, clear shave gel. These formulas can help soften facial hair for a smooth shave while giving more visibility for a precise shave.
What are the best ways to comfort skin after shaving?
After you shave, rinse skin with cool water and apply a skin-soothing after shave or facial toner. Follow with the rest of your skincare routine.